Monday, September 14, 2009

Austin's Birthday

Austin Dee Nemecek born September 8, 2009 at 7:42pm 8lbs 3 oz



I was scheduled to be induced Sept. 8, but I started having contractions at 5:30am on my own.  The hospital called me at 6am and told me to be there by 7am, so I got Kennen up and he had about 3 minutes to get ready.  (He was a little upset about that.)  He had been up late the night before (too excited to sleep) and I didn't want to wake him up before I had to.  Thankfully, we already had the car packed up.  

We got to the hospital and I still had to fill out some paperwork.  I think they had me in the bed by about 8am.  They wanted to wait to give me the epidural until I was 4cm dilated.  Everything's kind of a blur, but I think I got the epi around 10am or so.  Then we just had to wait until I was 10cm dilated so I could start pushing.  After a couple hours I realized I could completely feel my right side.  They ended up having to redo my epidural.  I was supposed to be taking a nap, so I'd be ready to go when it came time to push.  But the epi gave me the shakes and Crazy Pants wasn't making it easy to take a nap.  She was on her phone, and talking, and going in and out of the room.  I kept threatening to kick her out.  

I started pushing around 4:30pm.  Finally, after a really LONG day Austin made his appearance at 7:42pm.  I think he's always going to run late, just like Daddy.  As soon as he was out they cleaned him off and set him on my chest.  I was so relieved that all that was over with and I could finally see my little boy that I had been waiting to hold for the past 41 weeks.  At first I thought he had brown eyes and looked like Oldman.  Now that he's 6 days old I think he looks a lot like Kennen and his eyes are a weird dark blue/purple color.  I think they will turn brown. I've already taken a ton of pictures of him.  I'll post them, don't worry.   


No comments:

Post a Comment