Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Updates

Last Friday evening I realized that Austin was running a little bit of a fever. I gave him some tylenol and put him to bed. He kept waking up every hour or two, so I knew he wasn't feeling very well. I've called the doctor before about him running a fever and they just went through a list of things to look for. He really didn't have any symptoms other than the fever. At about 4:30 am I took his temperature again, because I could tell he was burning up. His temperature was 103. Kennen and I got scared and decided to take him to the emergency room. After two hours and $150 later we found out he might have a cold. I don't regret taking him to the ER, though. He was really cranky the next day and even after giving him tylenol every 4 hours he was still running a fever. I would have just worried all weekend if we hadn't taken him. Poor little guy was not himself. I don't think he smiled once on Saturday and he wouldn't eat any baby food. It's really draining taking care of a sick infant. It made me really grateful that I have an otherwise healthy little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment